Friday, January 2, 2009

Pink Floral A Line Shirt & Polka Dot Pants



Aren't my girls going to look so "boutique" in these outfits? About a month ago I let my 4 year old pick any fabric she wanted and this is the outfits she came up with for her older sister and herself. They were supposed to be for Christmas, but it is only a week late right? I let the girls sew their own buttons on the shoulders, too...they said it was the most fun ever!


I used a capri pattern that I liked and just lengthened the pants a little and the top is an a line dress that I just cut to 8 inches below the waistline marked on the pattern pieces -- and as always now, I lined the top instead of dealing with any "facing" and am totally happy with the results...


One day I may make a hot pink pique smocked mary de style top that would also go with these pants and smock something fun on it, but not today, I need to go study for the teacher exam next weekend...

No comments: