Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Floral and stripe "pocket bag"


This is a gift for my hubbie's grandma who has a birthday in February. She will look "cool" toting this new bag this spring. The pattern is adapted from Simplicity 9949 View B. I opted not to do the zipper as the pattern is written, so I lined it instead. This is so fun because you get 6 exterior pockets the way the handle attaches. Great spots for cell phones, keys, suckers, you know, the stuff you have to have right now. I added a piece of plastic to make the bottom a little sturdier, but next time I will probably add some interfacing so the rest of the bag has a little more "meat." Took less than 2 hours start to finish...either I am getting faster, or this was easy!

2 comments:

The Turner's said...

Love, love, love it! So fun! And useful!

G'ma Owens said...

Nice matching the material, good showing.