Thursday, November 13, 2008

The 2-hour Candy Cane Skirt


Got this fabric for a buck a yard when walmart in our town was closing the fabric department (sniff)

Didn't know what I was going to do with it at the time, but this month I learned how to insert the smocked panels in a Tshirt so I have this red Tshirt and was trying to figure out what to smock on it...decided to make a bottom to match and now I know I want to smock candy canes on it --

This skirt is an adaptation of the Simplicity Sewing pattern for Dummies # 4206 -- if you sew for little girls, you need this pattern...peasant shirts (easily lenghtened for night gowns), cool goucho pants, shorts, and this skirt -- I made it a skort by sewing the included shorts pattern underneath...you can see my blog entry on how to do that:

http://craftyjnet.blogspot.com/2008/03/cheetah-girls-3-tiered-skirt.html

Anyway, my daughter loves this and I wonder how long you have to wait to wear Christmas clothes? Is the rule Thanksgiving?

2 comments:

The Turner's said...

Super fun! Love it too!

I don't think there are any rules anymore. I saw two houses with Christmas decorations out on my way home last weekend!!

G'ma Owens said...

Sure looks like Christmas with all those candy canes.