Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Smocked Ladybugs on a Teal blue Jumpsuit


I LOVE this outfit. I was asked by my friend to come up with a first birthday outfit for her daughter. Her party is themed ladybugs. She wanted a teal jumpsuit type of outfit so we did the hot pink & black ladybugs on it -- they are TOO CUTE aren't they?

I altered pattern simplicity 9967 by not doing sleeves or a collar so I had to get creative...I lined the bodice and made the neckline a little bigger, did the bottom of the legs a little different, but it all worked out. Now I hope it fits - if it doesn't we'll just have to make it fit somehow.

The smocking is from Little Memories "Bugs & Kisses". I of course, altered it a little doing beads instead of smocked black dots on the bugs and adding beads to the ends of the antenna...what do you think of the final product?

3 comments:

Tracy A. said...

Yes!! I love that pattern... I like that it's a jumper. And the beads make the smocking look way more professional. Good job!

Anonymous said...

What a precious jumpsuit! I love smocked clothing for children and your smocked ladybugs are just darling. Thanks for sharing!

tcmoniz said...

This is SO CUTE!! I am a big fan of ladybugs... I think I need these on a jacket or sweater! :)