Thursday, March 27, 2008

I didn't make this


My friend Tracy made these sundresses for my girls (and her daughter) so they can all match -- she also cut out the capris but ran out of time to sew them so she sent them home with me after I visited her over spring break. All I had to do was hem the dress up a bit for my oldest daughter (it was a little short on her) to turn it into a long (to the bottom of her bootie) shirt and then assemble the capris that Tracy cut out for her and we got this cute outfit. I am thinking of adding an orange strip of ribbon around the hemline...to tie the pieces together -- they are both seersucker -- so very comfortable! I left my youngest daughter's dress long so they will coordinate without being exactly the same -- this top is made from that pre-elasticized seersucker you get at your local walmart -- the girls LOVED this fabric! (Click the image for a closeup)


I can't tell you how nice it felt for someone to sew for my girls -- what a gift from the heart Tracy!

No comments: