Law of Sewing
by Alida Macor
1. If you drop something out of your sewing basket, it will be your box of pins
- cover off.
2. The fabric you forget to pre-shrink will always shrink the most.
3. Facings tend to be sewn to the "wrong" side - opposite sides
4. This mistake will not be discovered until all seams are trimmed, graded and
5. Fusible interfacings usually fuse to the iron.
6. Pinking shears get dull just by looking at them.
7. If you need "n" buttons, you will find "n-l" in your
8. Gathering threads generally break in the middle.
9. The sewing machine light only burns out after the stores are closed.
10. The scissor cuts easiest past the buttonholes.
11. Your lost needle will be found by your brother-in-law - while walking
12. The iron never scorches a garment until its final pressing.