Monday, May 26, 2008

Bias Tape edged Washcloths


My girls were in need of some new washcloths in their bathroom. They were still using those baby ones. I found that regular $2 each (and up!) washcloths are just too thick to give a bath to a 4 year old. I found some thin ones in a 9 pack at our walmart and they are just too boring, so I plan to jazz them up in a couple of different ways...the first two I just added some edging. I started with a bias (cut at 45 degrees) strip that I eyeballed at about an inch and a quarter and then ironed into a double fold bias tape. I sewed it right on the washcloth edge to dress it up. The fabric is a pretty green with hot pink polkadots...girly! I'll post the other ones as I finish them -- I still have 7 left to play with! but right now I have got to step away from the sewing machine and clean the house...

1 comment:

The Turner's said...

I think they are very cute! What a neat idea. They'd make a great baby gift too!