Monday, July 7, 2008

Dress for my Daughter - Butterick 4718






I reconstructed a dress I wore as a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding into this beauty -- My eldest daughter will be wearing it to a wedding this weekend...she LOVES it.

I actually made the entire thing from a floor length skirt. used the lining of the skirt to line the dress too, even reused the zipper! This was my first ever "invisible" zipper and I don't think I could have done it if I hadn't ripped out myself - once I ripped it all out, I had a eureka moment and realized that was how they do that!

Pattern Butterick (Fast & easy) 4718 - I recommend this pattern - This is view B with the ribbon belt from view A
This last picture is how it looked on me at the wedding (4 years ago).

1 comment:

The Turner's said...

Beautiful reconstruction! I am sure she will be beautiful in it!